Winter Driving Preparedness:
Stay Safe Utah
Winter weather can be unpredictable, causing hazardous driving conditions and the need for emergency roadside assistance. As a provider of comprehensive winch services, it’s important for us to not only offer you the tools and resources you need in a crisis, but to also educate you on how to be prepared for winter driving.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, over 1,300 people are killed each year in vehicle crashes during winter weather conditions.
- AAA reports that winter weather results in over 116,000 car accidents annually in the US.
Preparing Your Vehicle
Before hitting the road during winter, it’s crucial to make sure your vehicle is in good condition. This includes checking your tires for proper inflation and adequate tread depth, making sure your battery is charged and in good condition, and topping off all your fluids, including wiper fluid. Additionally, consider having a winter emergency kit in your vehicle, which should include items such as blankets, a flashlight, and snacks.
- Slow down and allow extra time to reach your destination
- Increase your following distance to provide more time to react in slippery conditions
- Avoid sudden movements, such as sudden braking or accelerating, as this can cause your vehicle to skid on ice or snow
- Use low gears to maintain traction, especially when driving on hills
- Be aware of black ice, which is difficult to see and can cause your vehicle to suddenly lose traction
In the event of a winter weather emergency, our winch services can help you get back on the road safely and quickly. Our team of experts has the training and experience to assist with a wide range of winching situations, from pulling vehicles out of snow drifts to extricating cars from ice-covered ditches. Trust us to provide you with the highest level of service, so you can get back on the road as soon as possible.
In conclusion, winter weather can make for hazardous driving conditions, but by preparing your vehicle and following safe driving practices, you can reduce your risk of accidents and improve your overall driving experience. And, in the event of an emergency, our winch services are here to help get you back on the road safely and quickly.